Sec. 27-234. Preliminary plan review - Planned Development Overlay.
(a) Following a public hearing and subsequent review and recommendations by the planning commission, the city council may approve, modify or deny without public hearing the preliminary plan. Approval shall be given only upon a finding by the council that:
(1) The proposal, with such use and design, would meet the intent of the comprehensive plan; and
(2) The proposed P-D overlay designation contains a minimum of one (1) acre as it is not the intention of this district to be an unrelated parcel-by-parcel rezoning.
(b) City council approval shall include the following conditions:
(1) Approval shall be effective for a period of one (1) year;
(2) No development shall take place on an area that has been given preliminary approval until the final plan is approved and adopted by the council; and
(3) Approval of the preliminary plan by the city council shall not constitute approval of the final site plan. It shall be deemed as approval of the land use plan submitted and shall serve as a guide in the preparation of the final plan.
Source: Ord. No. 4603, § 1, 9-16-02; Ord. No. 5053, § 1, 3-2-09