Prior to the filing of the preliminary plat, the subdivider shall contact the city staff to determine:
(1) Procedure for filing plats.
(2) Availability of city sewers and water.
(3) Comprehensive plan requirements for major streets, land use, parks, schools and public open spaces.
(4) Zoning requirements for the property in question and adjacent properties.
(5) Special setback requirements for arterial, collector and local streets.
After reaching the preliminary conclusions regarding the requirements for the proposed subdivision, the subdivider may submit a preliminary plat together with any supplementary information necessary to the secretary of the planning commission.