A temporary merchant or street vendor shall adhere to the following additional standards and conditions:
(1) If located on private property, the temporary merchant shall obtain a signed, written consent from the owner of the property which authorizes the temporary merchant to conduct business from the property. A copy of said written consent shall be filed with the city clerk.
(2) The temporary merchant or street vender shall obtain a written authorization from the police division to allow any sales of merchandise or services from public property.
(3) The activities of the temporary merchant shall not impair or impede the proper flow of traffic on public or private property.
(4) The activities of the temporary merchant shall not unduly restrict parking spaces on public or private property. Any parking spaces which are customarily in use during normal working hours shall not be used as a location for a temporary merchant or street vendor.
(5) Permits for temporary merchants and street vendors shall be displayed by the temporary merchant or street vendor in a visible location and they are required to show their permit to any customer or police officer upon request.
(6) Temporary merchants shall comply with all zoning setback requirements, and no sign, storage, display or sales of goods or services may take place in an area inside the required setback (front yard) area except as otherwise allowed in this subsection. When adjacent real property closest to that side of the property on which a temporary merchant is conducting lawful business activities has a building that is located closer to the street than what is allowed by the setbacks applicable to the property on which the temporary merchant is located, then the temporary merchant shall be allowed to place its sign, storage, display or sales of goods or services in a location that is up to or even with the plane of the front of the building on the adjacent real property closest to that side of the property on which the temporary merchant is located.
(7) Temporary merchants and street vendors shall comply with all vision clearance requirements set forth in Chapter 27, Article IX of this Code.
(8) Signs for street vendors shall be of professional appearance and mounted upon the mobile-type device or push cart used for sales. No accessory signs shall be permitted.
(9) Temporary merchants are limited to the use of no more than two (2) signs which shall have a professional appearance and comply with the provisions of Chapter 27, Article XI of this Code.
(10) Temporary merchants shall be located only on property that is currently being used for commercial or industrial purposes.
(11) Temporary merchants shall not be located on property that is either zoned as residential or which property's primary use is residential.
(12) Temporary merchants shall not be located on any area that is not hard-surfaced with concrete or asphaltic concrete as approved by the city engineer.
(13) Temporary merchants shall comply with off-street parking space requirements set forth in Section 27-347 of this Code.
Source: Ord. No. 3331, § 6, 7-16-85; Ord. No. 5158, § 3, 4-18-11; Ord. No. 5455, § 4, 2-21-17