For the purposes of sections 12-1 and 12-2, the following definitions shall apply:
Dwelling shall mean any building, structure, or portion thereof which is occupied as, or designed or intended for occupancy as, a residence for one or more families, and vacant land which is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure, or portion thereof.
Familial status shall mean one or more minors being domiciled with:
(1) A parent or another person having legal custody of such individual;
(2) The designee of a parent or other person having legal custody, with the written permission of the parent or other person; or
(3) Any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any minor.
Handicap for the purpose of this chapter and Chapter 27 of this Code shall mean, with respect to a person:
(1) A physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of such person's major life activities;
(2) A record of having such an impairment; or
(3) Being regarded as having such an impairment.
Handicap shall not include current, illegal use of or addiction to a controlled substance as defined by section 28-401 N.R.S. 1943, as the same may, from time to time, be amended.
Source: Ord. No. 3889, § 8, 8-3-92