It shall be unlawful, except as provided in section 20-110 N.R.S. 1943, as the same may, from time to time, be amended, to design and construct multifamily dwellings for first occupancy after September 1, 1991, in such a manner that:
(1) The public use and common use portions of the dwellings are not readily accessible to and usable by handicapped persons;
(2) All the doors are designed to allow passage into and within all premises within the dwellings are not sufficiently wide enough to allow passage by handicapped persons in wheelchairs; and
(3) The premises are not in compliance with the requirements of ANSI Al17.1 of the American National Standards Institute standards for buildings and facilities providing accessibility and usability for physically handicapped people, as that standard may, from time to time, be amended.
For the purpose of this section, multifamily dwellings shall mean:
(1) Buildings consisting of four or more units if such buildings have one or more elevators; and
(2) Ground floor units in other buildings consisting of four or more units.
Source: Ord. No. 3889, § 7, 8-3-92