The following is a list of some of the park regulations that cover
the parks within the City of Norfolk. This is not meant to be a
complete list but a highlighted condensation of the regulations and
policies that are in effect. Contact the Park Superintendent with
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except for the Elkhorn Cabin
rental at Ta-Ha-Zouka Park.
- No hunting or trapping allowed.
- No fireworks allowed.
- No ice skating on open bodies of water in the parks except
for the manmade structures designed for this purpose.
- Motor vehicles allowed only on roads and designated
- Fires only permitted in barbeque grills or other fire
facilities provided by the City.
- It is illegal to bring animals into the park without the use
of a leash. An exception is the Ta-Ha-Zouka Park Off-Leash Dog
Recreation Area where dogs may be unleashed once they are within
the fenced facility.
- Overnight camping only in designated areas of Ta-Ha-Zouka Park
and then according to posted rules and regulations. Official
season is April 15 to October 15.
- Fishing is permitted at Skyview Lake and Ta-Ha-Zouka Park and
is subject to fishing regulations of the Nebraska Game and Parks
Commission and/or the City. Attempting to catch fish by means
other than by hook and line is prohibited. Ice fishing at
Skyview Lake is permitted at your own risk.
- No motorized boating on Skyview Lake with the exception of
electric trolling motors. Canoes, rafts, sailing boats and boats
with oars are permitted on Skyview Lake only.
- No depositing of personal household trash or yard waste in
the parks. Only trash generated by the use of the park is to be
- No wheeled skates, skateboards, bikes or the like are
permitted within the fenced tennis courts.