Sec. 27-9. Compliance generally.
All requirements in this chapter are mandatory unless stated otherwise or outlined in specific exceptions or variances thereto. The following paragraphs are general requirements, applicable throughout this chapter.
(1) No building or structure shall be erected, constructed, reconstructed, moved or altered, nor shall any building, structure or land be used for any purpose other than is permitted in the district in which such building, structure or land is situated. If a use is not listed in a specific zoning district, the land use matrix in Sec. 27-401 shall determine the zoning district in which a particular use shall be allowed as a permitted use or a conditional use.
(2) No building or structure shall be erected, constructed, reconstructed, moved or altered to exceed the height or area limit or violate the yard or parking requirement herein established for the district in which such building or structure is located.
(3) No lot area shall be reduced or diminished so that the yards or other open spaces shall be smaller than prescribed by this chapter, nor shall the density of population be increased in any manner, except in conformity with the area regulations established herein.
(4) Every building hereafter erected or altered shall be located on a lot as herein defined and in no case shall there be more than one main building on one lot within a zoning district except as provided herein.
(5) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, in all zoning districts, no alcoholic liquor, including beer and wine, shall be sold, either on-sale, or off-sale, within one hundred fifty (150) feet of any religious assembly, school, hospital, home for aged or indigent persons, home for veterans, their wives or children, or a college or university campus; or within five hundred (500) feet of any city park. The one hundred fifty (150) foot requirement shall be measured from the nearest walls of the buildings in question, and the five hundred (500) foot requirement shall be measured from property line to property line. This subsection shall not apply to any application for a one-day liquor license which may be applied for by a charitable organization or nonprofit corporation. If a proposed location for the sale at retail of any alcoholic liquor is within one hundred fifty (150) feet of any religious assembly, the retail sale of alcoholic liquor shall be allowed if a license is issued by the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission pursuant to Section 53-177 of the Nebraska Revised Statutes.
(6) The repair, restoring, remodeling, assembly, disassembly, storage or standing of any inoperable vehicle other than in a district permitting and regulating such occurrence is prohibited. Inoperable vehicles may be stored or may stand only in a legally conforming auto wrecking yard, a fully enclosed private garage, or in a fully enclosed storage structure as allowed by this chapter.
Source: Ord. No. 4603, § 1, 9-16-02; Ord. No. 5147, § 1,12-20-10; Ord. No. 5444, § 3, 12-19-16;