Sec. 27-285. Adult entertainment uses.
Adult entertainment businesses shall be subject to the following restrictions, and no person shall cause or permit the establishment of any adult entertainment business contrary to these restrictions:
(1) No adult entertainment business shall be open for business between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m.
(2) No new adult entertainment business shall be permitted within 500 feet of another such business; or within 500 feet of a residential use, residential zoning district, or a pre-existing school, public park, or place of religious assembly. For the purposes of these regulations, measurements shall be made in a straight line, without regard to intervening structures or objects, from the business’ main entrance to the point on the adjoining property closest to such main entrance.
(3) No adult entertainment business shall employ any person under 21 years of age.
(4) No adult entertainment business shall furnish merchandise or services to any person who is under 18 years of age.
(5) No adult entertainment business shall be conducted in any manner that permits the observation of models or any material depicting, describing, or relating to sexual activities or anatomical areas identified in the definition of “adult entertainment business” by display, decoration, sign, show window, or other opening from any public way or from any property not licensed as an adult entertainment business. No operator or agent of such business shall engage in any activity or conduct or permit any other person to engage in any activity or conduct in or about the premises that is prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
(6) No part of the interior of the adult entertainment business shall be visible from any sidewalk, walkway, street, or public area.
(7) Each adult entertainment business shall post a sign at the main entrance to the premises which states the nature of the business and states that no one under the age of 18 is permitted on the premises. This section shall not prohibit the operator from establishing a higher minimum age for entering the premises.
(8) Any adult entertainment business operated, conducted, or maintained contrary to these provisions shall be declared unlawful and a public nuisance, permitting the city attorney the discretion to seek any legal steps necessary for the abatement of the nuisance, in addition to other criminal actions under city ordinances.
(9) Adult entertainment businesses shall not be permitted as part of a home occupation.
Source: Ord. No. 4603, § 1, 9-16-02