Sec. 27-113. Conditional uses - District R-3.
In District R-3, the following conditional uses, as well as those provided for in Sec. 27-401, may be allowed. Any conditional use permit shall include as minimal conditions those conditions specifically set forth in this section for each conditional use listed. Additional conditions, stipulations, or restrictions may also be required as is deemed necessary for the protection of the public interest.
(1) Golf courses and customary accessory uses including club houses and driving ranges; except that miniature golf, driving ranges and other similar activities operated as a stand-alone business shall not be allowed.
a. No parking shall be allowed within fifty (50) feet of a property line and shall be screened from adjacent residential properties.
b. All principal or accessory structures shall be set back a minimum of one hundred (100) feet from any property line.
(2) Temporary real estate offices.
a. Such offices shall be located on property being sold and limited to the period of sale but not to exceed two (2) years.
b. Building and setback regulations and lot size requirements shall be the same as for single-family dwellings.
(3) Hospitals, sanitariums, and outpatient facilities aimed at reduction of alcoholism or drug addiction.
(4) Private clubs or fraternal orders, except those whose chief activity is operated as a business.
a. All parking shall be prohibited from the required front yard and shall be screened from adjacent properties.
b. Lighted signs shall not be permitted.
(5) Philanthropic or other charitable institutions other than penal institutions.
(6) Bed and breakfast inn.
a. Minimum lot size shall be 7,000 sq. ft.
b. The rooms utilized by guests and occupants of the premises shall be in the principle residential structure. Separate structures, accessory buildings and garages shall not be utilized as living units or sleeping rooms.
c. The use by a guest shall be temporary only.
d. Two (2) off-street parking spaces shall be provided for each dwelling unit plus one (1) off-street parking space for each sleeping room designated for guests, which parking areas shall not be located in the required front or side yard setback.
Source: Ord. No. 4603, § 1, 9-16-02; Ord No. 4729, § 1, 3-1-04