A person commits the offense of false reporting if he or she:
(1) Furnishes information he or she knows to be false to any peace officer or other official with the intent to instigate an investigation of an alleged criminal or traffic matter or to impede the investigation of an actual criminal or traffic matter; or
(2) Furnishes information he or she knows to be false alleging the existence of the need for the assistance of an emergency medical service or out-of-hospital emergency care provider or an emergency in which human life or property are in jeopardy to any hospital, emergency medical service, or other person or governmental agency; or
(3) Furnishes any information, or causes such information to be furnished or conveyed by electric, electronic, telephonic, or mechanical means, knowing the same to be false concerning the need for assistance of a fire department or any personnel or equipment of such department; or
(4) Furnishes any information he or she knows to be false concerning the location of any explosive in any building or other property to any person.
(5) Furnishes information he or she knows to be false to any governmental department or agency with the intent to instigate an investigation or to impede an ongoing investigation and which actually results in causing or impeding such investigation.
Source: Ord. No. 3932, § 1, 2-16-93; Ord. No. 4452, § 1, 3-6-00
State law reference--Similar provisions, R.R.S. 1943, 28-907.