(a) No horse-drawn carriage shall be operated upon the streets of the city for transporting persons for hire or by contract unless licensed by the city.
(b) A horse-drawn carriage shall comply with all applicable laws relating to the operation of motor vehicles on public rights of way.
(c) Only vehicles constructed and equipped as follows may be licensed:
(1) Carriages shall have no less than one and one-fourth (1 1/4) inch spoked wheels with a rubber covering thick enough to protect the streets from damage and to keep noise to a minimum;
(2) All carriages shall be equipped with brakes, taillights and brake lights on the rear of the vehicle;
(3) Carriages shall be equipped with front lights on both sides that will emit light to the front and side that will be visible from a distance of 500 feet;
(4) Each carriage shall be equipped with a device to catch horse manure from falling on the pavement or with necessary equipment to immediately collect and remove manure that falls to the street;
(5) Each carriage shall be equipped with a slow moving vehicle sign approved by the State of Nebraska and attached to the rear of the vehicle or two red flashing lights visible from the rear, in good operational order.
Source: Ord. No. 5184, § 1, 11-21-11